Friday 14 July 2017

Let's.

We wake up in the heated haze of another day. These bodies around me melt with infliction while their minds whir with the urge to misbehave. Only a matter of hours, hang in kids because we're gonna go big once again.  

The speed of the buckets hit with a fresh wave of life. Here we go again. Our withering limbs crack as we stretch out complaints. There's only compliments allowed tonight. One sip, two sips, nothing left. The yearning for escapism is strong, but take another shot. Here comes reality and she's ruthless in her temptation. 

My bones ache with these knocks I've had. Every inch of my being craves, mind fuses with body once again. You just don't see this in the same capacity at home. With our faces in screens where our hearts daren't dream, we hold back. The sun steals our sins and sweats out the truth. Let's eat, let's drink, let's fuck. This paradise is devoid of judgement, let's give in to need. 

Morality takes a back seat as we draw in the fumes. Lets forget our obligations, if only tonight. Be how you should for us, beautifully fucking reckless. 

As I drive away from the site where it happened, I'm crumbling. This island has chewed me up and spat me out but I'm now at one. Another day, another memory. Let's hope I don't take a knock to the head because this is what I've chosen. Cast aside responsibility and chase ecstasy. 

I'll reminisce this until the day I stop in my tracks and disperse into the earth. My heart beats faster now, my face a haggard glow. Surreality is a poor mans game, so fill yourself with riches. This gold won't fade over time, so kick your feet off the ground and leap into the bliss. 

Share:

1 comment

© A Girls Words | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig